PERMIT RENEWAL PROCESS – MIA and the GA AIRPORTS
1. Permit Application
a) The Application must be fully completed online. Detailed information must be provided for each question.
2. Verification Letter
a) A letter of agreement verification must be submitted by each current airport customer authorized under the Permit that will be renewed. The letter must be provided on the customer’s stationary and it must be dated and signed.
b) If the permittee engaged in business with additional customers after the issuance of the Permit that will be renewed and the required agreement/contract with each additional customer was never submitted to the Permit Section, said agreement must also be provided at this time.
NOTE: The letter of agreement verification and service agreement with possible additional customers are preliminary required documents. The Application will not be approved, if the documents are not included.
3. Payment of non-refundable application fee
• In the amount of $1,000.00 if the Permit is required to transact business at MIA. • In the amount of $500.00 if the Permit is required to transact business at the GA Airports.
a) Invoice for the applicable non-refundable application fee amount must be paid through the MDAD’s MIA-Pay link. Please follow the instructions provided for the MIA-Pay Registration.
4. Certificate of Insurance
a) A Certificate of Insurance must be provided in compliance with Miami-Dade County Insurance Requirements. The Certificate must include the following:
• Miami-Dade County must be included as an additional insured with respect to the Commercial General Liability Insurance.
• Miami-Dade Aviation Department must be named as the Certificate Holder – P.O. Box 025504, Miami, Florida 22102-5504.
• The Permit Number assigned to the company must be identified under the “Description of Operations.”
NOTE: The Certificate of Insurance must be provided electronically online.
5. Permit Agreement Document:
The Permit document must be processed and submitted as follows:
a) Signature page of the Permit Agreement document must be executed by one of the Director’s or Officer’s registered with the Florida Division of Corporations (Sunbiz).
• Two original signature pages must be submitted. Both pages must contain original signatures.
b) Affirmation page of the Permit Agreement document must be completed and executed by the same person who signs the signature page. This page must also be notarized.
• Two original Affirmation pages must be submitted. Both pages must contain original signatures and be notarized.
c) The Permit Agreement document should be fully reviewed prior to execution. Every page of the document, except for the signature pages and Affirmation pages must be initialed by the Director/Officer who executes the document.
NOTE: The Permit Agreement document must be provided electronically online upon execution. The original fully executed document must be mailed. The original document must be submitted with the two original Signature pages and two original Affirmation pages requested above.